This is a virtual, work from home role with team members in the Boston area, but also across the U.S.
About Mercator (now a part of the Escalent family):
Mercator Advisory Group is the trusted advisor to the payments industry globally, charting the course for sustained growth and profitability. Mercator Advisory Group provides independent and objective analysis that assists our members in uncovering new market opportunities and optimizing current strategic initiatives for maximum revenue generation and cost containment. Our commitment and exclusive focus on the payments industry enables us to consistently provide highly relevant content and exceptional value for your research expenditure.
PaymentsJournal is a Mercator Advisory Group owned and operated website that keeps payments and banking professionals informed through ongoing delivery of the latest news, industry blogs, research, case studies, executive interviews, and analyst insights. The website was relaunched in fall of 2017 and saw a dramatic increase in traffic in 2018 -2021. The website continues to see strong growth in 2022. PaymentsJournal’s affiliation with the best market research firm focused exclusively on the payments industry is a unique differentiator that allows it to provide superior content making it the ideal destination for anyone seeking information on a broad range of payment related topics.
Position Overview: Staff Writer
Mercator Advisory Group is looking to add an individual to the PaymentsJournal.com team. This position will report to the Payments Journal Product Manager. The main responsibility for this role will be to write a variety of news/feature content articles for publication on the website. It is also expected that in addition to creating content for the website that this position will work collaboratively with the other members of the team to help with the day to day operations.
- Sourcing, researching, and writing high quality pieces covering the payments industry in a variety of formats, including, short form news posts, long form feature content and as well as other data driven content.
- Find & Source relevant news stories from the web and distribute to Mercator analysts for comment
- Support the product manager with various tasks including:
- Publishing articles on paymentsjournal.com
- Generating & Publishing content on social media
- Assisting with the compilation of the daily newsletter
- Gathering news/data from subscription sources and distributing to team as requested
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented, punctual and dependable,
- Willing and able to take the initiative and be a team player.
- Ability to meet productivity standards as well as completing work in a timely manner and work under deadlines.
- Fluency in the use of Microsoft Office products, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- An interest in, and desire to learn about, the payments industry is important, although prior experience in payments operations is not required.
- Must be fluent in English.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is also required.
- Optional Skills: Any experience with, SEO & Keyword Research, HTML, CMSS, and WordPress would be a plus.
Please be prepared to provide writing samples upon request.
EEO/AA EMPLOYER M/F/V/D
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.