Mercator Advisory Group’s most recent consumer survey report from its annual Buyer PaymentsInsights series, examines U.S. consumers’ current shopping habits for goods and services both in-store and online.
This report is based on Mercator Advisory Group’s Buyer PaymentsInsights annual survey. A web-based survey was fielded in 2022, using a U.S. online consumer research panel of adults aged 18 and older. The survey of 3,002 U.S. adults focused on shopping experiences and payment preferences, highlighting key consumer behaviors, perceptions, and attitudes.
The panel of 3,002 respondents supports a sampling error of +/– 1.8% at the 95% confidence level for questions asked of all respondents, as well as at many sub-segment levels designed to approximate a random sample.
The online questionnaire used for this study was developed by Mercator Advisory Group in consultation with our clients, which represent a range of payments industry stakeholders.
Highlights of the 2022 Buyer PaymentsInsights U.S.: Exhibits
- Primary Shopping Channels and Frequency
- Reward Loyalty Programs and Purchases
- Preferred Payment Methods
- Alternative Checkout Options and Payment Methods
- Shopping Experiences – Opinions and Expectations
- Purchasing from Foreign Websites
- Recent Purchase Habits
- Online Orders for Pick-Up or Delivery
- Familiarity of Other Payment Options
- Use of ATMs Inside a Store