PaymentsJournal and Mercator Advisory Group are seeking a qualified candidate for the role of Graphic Designer.
This position is responsible for providing the PaymentsJournal and Mercator Advisory Group team with creative assets. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Graphic Design, Social Media, and Designing for the Web. We are looking for someone that understands the demographics that we are trying to reach and will be willing to stay up on trends. As the Graphics Designer, you will ensure that all creative material meets brand guidelines and is up to quality specifications of PaymentsJournal’s and Mercator Advisory Group’s professional standards. This position will allow the individual to work with large brands in the financial service industry and be part of a rapidly growing and expanding team. Daily responsibilities will require this person to be creative, self-motivated, and highly organized. It will be expected that you can provide a portfolio prior to being interviewed.
This position requires:
- Creates visual designs for print media, social media graphics, email campaigns, social media campaign ads, animations (optional), webpage mock-ups, and website postings.
- Determines style, size, and arrangement of type and illustrations. Ensures design consistency throughout web sites and across platforms.
- Effectively communicates and coordinates with multiple internal teams to ensure that the visual design communicates the desired message, and functions successfully for varying technical and performance specifications.
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite: Specifically InDesign, Illustrator Photoshop
- Working knowledge PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Must be comfortable working independently, as well as within a team.
- Experience working within brand guidelines and standards
- Working knowledge of print and digital production practices
- Demonstrated portfolio showing creative, design, and software skills
- Ability to evaluate choices critically, with the customer needs in mind
- Ability to communicate design choices clearly
- Great multi-tasking skills and ability to work under pressure
Desired but not required, we are willing to have you learn on the job.
- Audition (minimal audio editing)
- Premier Pro
- After Effects