Who We Are
Javelin Strategy & Research, part of the Escalent family, helps its clients make informed decisions in a digital financial world. It provides strategic insights to financial institutions including banks, credit unions, brokerages and insurers, as well as payments companies, technology providers, fintechs, and government agencies. Javelin’s independent insights result from a rigorous research process that assesses consumers, businesses, providers, and the transactions ecosystem. It conducts in-depth primary research studies to pinpoint dynamic risks and opportunities in digital banking, payments, fraud & security, lending, and wealth management. For more information, www.javelinstrategy.com. Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Javelin joined the Escalent family in 2019. Escalent is a top human behavior and analytics advisory firm specializing in industries facing disruption and business transformation. As catalysts of progress for more than 40 years, we tell stories that transform data and insights into a profound understanding of what drives human beings. We help businesses turn those drivers into actions that build brands, enhance customer experiences and inspire product innovation.
Why Escalent? Once you join our team you will have the opportunity to…
- Access experts across industries for maximum learning opportunities including Weekly Knowledge Sharing Sessions, LinkedIn Learning, and more.
- Gain exposure to a rich variety of research techniques from knowledgeable professionals.
- Enjoy a remote first/hybrid work environment with a flexible schedule.
- Obtain insights into the needs and challenges of your clients—to learn how the world’s leading brands use research.
- Experience peace of mind working for a company with a commitment to conducting research ethically.
- Build lasting relationships with fun colleagues in a culture that values each person.
As a Senior Analyst within the Fraud & Security Practice at Javelin, you will join a team of accomplished analysts, consultants, and researchers who identify, monitor and analyze trends in fraud and cybersecurity. You will produce research, develop insights, and provide advice to leading financial institutions, payments service providers, fintech providers, government agencies and other financial services entities.
- Advise clients and prospects based on Javelin’s independent consumer and industry survey data, as well as industry knowledge and expertise
- Outline and draft research reports, impact notes, webinars and podcasts based on quantitative and qualitative data analysis, using a variety of formats (MS Word reports, MS PowerPoint presentations, etc.)
- Work with an experienced Fraud and Security team to identify topics of interest, design surveys, and participate in the development of reports and presentation and consultation to clients
- Analyze and evaluate survey data, trends, and consumer usage patterns to provide actionable insights and recommendations
- Respond to specific client queries by mining primary or secondary research data
- Conduct phone interviews with vendors and financial services executives
- Gather secondary research about fraud and cybersecurity technologies, vendors and startups in the financial services space
- 2+ years’ experience in the financial services industry, with knowledge of fraud systems/applications and/or a cybersecurity background
- Strong ability to communicate orally and in written business formats, coupled with a comfort with numbers and data
- SPSS experience/knowledge preferred
- Experience writing research reports
- Superior attention to detail and an insistence on research integrity
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Quantitative or qualitative research skills, including experience working with large data sets
- Experience developing charts from data analysis
Benefits and Culture
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – Large carriers on a national level (domestic partner coverage included)
- 401k with Company Match – No vesting period; bi-weekly contributions
- Flexible PTO – Feel no guilt in taking off a minimum of 3 weeks of “real” vacation time
- Paid Parental Leave – 12 weeks for maternity and 6 weeks for paternity, including adoption
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Hybrid/Virtual Work – Virtual-first workforce with employees in most states
Explore our Careers and Culture page to learn more about the people behind the brand: https://escalent.co/careers-and-culture/
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status