Quarterly Analyst Roundtable: Exploring Opportunities in Open APIs
Please register to attend this complimentary webinar today!
This Webinar is available for purchase by non-members for $1,000
Mercator Advisory Group will be hosting a free webinar to discuss the opportunities and risks for financial industry participants in open APIs (application programming interfaces).
Open APIs, a standard means for information systems to talk to each other, has become a hot topic of discussion with the growth of mobile and web services-based platforms. These platforms have become a primary way for customers to interact with businesses, and financial institutions are challenged to provide quality service in environments that they do not completely control. With the advent of the Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2) in Europe, banks in that region are required to open up their information systems to allow non-banks to access account data and initiate payments. Elsewhere, banks, processors and networks are experimenting with using open APIs to extend their presence into third-party applications, ensuring that they can meet their customers wherever they are.
In this webinar, Mercator analysts will discuss their latest research on the prospects for open APIs, including:
• Types of APIs: private, partner, and public – Tim Sloane, VP of Payments Innovation
• How to Roll out a Successful API Portal - Tim Sloane
• Likely timeframes for compliance with PSD2, and issues that are arising – Ken Paterson, VP of Customer Interaction and Special Projects
• The impact of open APIs on the U.S. financial services marketplace – Ken Paterson
• API usage in corporate banking – Steve Murphy, Director, Commercial and Enterprise Payments
• Opportunities to monetize existing services through open APIs – Aaron McPherson, VP of Research Operations