Mercator Advisory Group, the leading payments specialty research and consulting firm, is actively seeking a junior analyst to start within the next few months.
As a junior analyst at Mercator Advisory Group, you will provide ongoing support to multiple research practice directors, and have the opportunity to learn from widely respected industry experts with decades of experience.
The ideal candidate brings demonstrated written and oral communication skills, in particular the ability to write research reports for a professional audience. Basic quantitative analysis skills are required, such as summarizing and presenting survey data, as well as forecasting based on historical data and industry trends. The ability to present one's work to professional groups will be an asset.
Accurate and thorough, punctual and dependable, and able to take initiative and innovate, this candidate meets productivity standards (completes work in a timely manner, strives to increase productivity) and provides quality work (demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, monitors own work).
He or she will also have fluency in the use of Microsoft Office products, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Salesforce.com is desirable, but not required. An interest in, and desire to learn about, the payments industry is important, although prior experience in payments operations is not required. Candidates must be fluent in English (fluency in additional languages is always a plus). A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is also required.
Junior analysts are expected to excel in the following areas:
- Assisting research service directors in producing high-quality research papers on a monthly basis, moving up to writing entire documents with minimal supervision
- Providing ongoing support to the financial institutions, payment processors, networks and technology vendors that subscribe to our research practices through answering inquiries
- Assisting in the completion of consulting projects, which may include executive interviews, finding relevant data from publicly available sources, analyzing survey data, and developing presentation decks
- Teamwork and flexibility, being able to work with different individuals with different styles
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment, juggling multiple tasks at once
- Time management skills
Mercator Advisory Group believes our success depends on the quality of our employees. Junior analysts are encouraged to contribute ideas for research topics and new research products, with eventual promotion to leadership of an entire practice.
Mercator Advisory Group is headquartered in Marlborough, Massachusetts, and candidates are expected to be in the office every day, except under special circumstances. Relocation support is not available. Compensation consists of a base salary along with a performance-based bonus. Full benefits, including HMO and PPO plans, a 401(k), and two weeks of paid time off (PTO) are provided. Mercator Advisory Group is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.