New research from Mercator Advisory Group examines how online banking is evolving to be more powerful and convenient
"Online banking is in transition," comments Ed O'Brien, director of Mercator Advisory Group's Banking Channels Advisory Service, who with Tristan-Hugo Webb, analyst, coauthored the report. "With recent developments in tablets and other devices furthering the new capabilities being offered by many FIs, many solutions are at a crossroads between being defined as an online or mobile solution. In reality, they can be both."
- The current state of online banking
- Various ways for financial institutions to achieve an online banking presence
- The diverse range of online services from mobile remote deposit capture (RDC) to personal financial management tools (PFM) enabled by advances in mobile and tablet technology
- Growth opportunities for online banking products in the United States, Europe, and Asia
- New capabilities under development for both online and mobile banking
This report is 24 pages long and has 11 exhibits.
Organizations mentioned in this report include: First Data, Fiserv, Intuit, Meniga, Strands Finance.
Members of Mercator Advisory Group's Banking Channels Advisory Service have access to this report as well as the upcoming research for the year ahead, presentations, analyst access and other membership benefits.