In new research, Mobile Banking Deployment: Partnering and Outsourcing, Mercator Advisory Group reviews how the pace of innovation in mobility has caused financial institutions to consider new ways of bringing new mobile banking products to market efficiently and effectively.
"As the rapid pace of innovation in mobile banking continues, the use of partners to swiftly and reliably deploy new mobile banking features will make sense for a wider variety of financial institutions that desire to be more competitive in their markets and strive to differentiate themselves to their customers and members," comments Ed O'Brien, director of Mercator Advisory Group's Banking Channels Advisory Service and author of the report.
Highlights of this report include:
- The status of mobile deployment at the largest U.S. banks
- The search by other financial institutions for ways to become more competitive in their markets
- Description of second-generation features, designed for use with mobile platforms, that can be extended to both smartphones and tablets
- The value inherent for small to midsized institutions in leveraging partners for mobile banking deployment
- The ease of deployment for hosted solutions provided customization is kept to a minimum
- One of 15 exhibits in this report:
This report is 26 pages long and has 15 exhibits.
Organizations mentioned in this report include: Apple, Euronet Software, First Data, FIS, Fiserv, Google, Harland Financial Solutions, Intuit, Monitise, and RIM.
Members of Mercator Advisory Group's Banking Channels Advisory Service have access to this report as well as the upcoming research for the year ahead, presentations, analyst access and other membership benefits.