Boston, MA – December 05, 2013 – Boston, MA – In new research, the 2013 ATM Market Benchmark Report, Mercator Advisory Group reviews how the ATM channel is expanding from a simple cash dispensing device to become the foundation for an increasing number of interactions between financial institutions and their customers and members.
"Today’s ATMs have evolved beyond their uninspired, appliance-like roots as a basic cash dispenser to a robust, full-function complement to the growing online and mobile banking self-service channels. ATMs are part of FIs’ larger initiative to invest in and update core, channel systems, back office, and analytics systems toward an omnichannel banking environment," comments Ed O’Brien, director of Mercator Advisory Group’s Banking Channels Advisory Service and author of the report.
This report is 23 pages long and has 18 exhibits.
Companies mentioned in this report include Bank of America, Cardtronics, Co-Op Financial Services, Diebold, Global Axcess Corporation, NCR, Payments Alliance International, and Wincor Nixdorf.
Members of Mercator Advisory Group have access to this report as well as the upcoming research for the year ahead, presentations, analyst access and other membership benefits.
Highlights of this report include:
- Concentration of ATMs in select countries around the world
- Projection of total ATM numbers by 2016
- Examples of diverse functionality in different global markets
- Number of cash withdrawals by country, 2007–2012
- Survey findings on consumer usage and preferences regarding ATMs in the U.S.
- Three top ATM manufacturers’ global shipments, 2009–2012
- Number of ATMs owned by leading owner-operators (FIs and ISO/IAD firms)