Mercator Advisory Group Leads with Payments Industry Expertise and Content and Delivery
CEO announces new team members and expanded delivery platform capabilities
that continue organization’s accelerated growth
Boston, MA – October 29, 2013 – Mercator Advisory Group is pleased to present an open letter from its President and CEO, Robert Misasi, regarding recent developments contributing to the company’s continued success as the leading independent advisor to the payments industry.
For the past ten years, it’s been my privilege to lead the Mercator Advisory Group and its exceptional team of industry professionals, who serve our clientele through substantive market research content and senior-level strategic expertise. In a period of great change for the banking and payments industry, Mercator Advisory Group consistently delivers fact-based insights and advice as a direct result of our research and consulting business model to help our clients succeed. This model, coupled with our deep payments industry expertise and established network of contacts throughout the industry, enables us to deliver exceptional value for our clients year after year.
In order to maintain the highest level of advisory services, our core team and service offerings continue to evolve. It’s my pleasure to highlight some recent changes that demonstrate our continued commitment to providing the industry’s best-in-class service.
New Senior-Level Industry Practitioners:
• Pradeep Moudgal, Director, Emerging Technologies Advisory Service
Moudgal has over 25 years of experience in commercial and small-business banking, private banking, marketing, product development, and management specializing in treasury management, cards and merchant services, international banking, and lending services.
• Amy Hoke, Director, Commercial Payments Advisory Service
Hoke has a broad view of the financial services industry and its technical needs and has had hands-on experience guiding companies in developing strategic use of technology to meet business requirements. She has been the co-author of several payment system patents filed over the years.
• Ron Mazursky, Director, Debit Advisory Service
Mazursky’s career in financial services spans more than 30 years and covers a wide array of payment products. His global experience includes product strategy/implementation, product and market trending, customer and general market research, product and service development, portfolio management and new account acquisition, litigation support, rewards and loyalty, and vendor/partner evaluation and support.
New Senior-Level Relationship Executives:
• Peter Johnsmeyer, Senior Business Development Executive
Johnsmeyer is responsible for Mercator Advisory Group’s relationships with clients and prospects in the Northeast United States and in the United Kingdom. He has over 30 years of experience managing and selling informational, subscription-based products in the financial services, media, publishing, and Internet industries.
• Michael Bergman, Senior Business Development Executive
Bergman is responsible for Mercator Advisory Group’s relationships with clients and prospects on the West Coast, in the Asia-Pacific region, and in Australia and New Zealand. Bergman’s background is broad and diverse, with sales, marketing, and management experience in retail and financial/insurance services and over 15 years in high-tech product and services sales. He’s provided strategic and tactical sales and marketing consulting services to emerging technology product and service companies.
Executive Management Team New Vice President:
• Patricia Hewitt, Vice President and Managing Director, Consulting Services
Prior to this recent appointment, Hewitt was director of the Debit Advisory Service. Since her career in financial services began in 1982, Hewitt has held senior leadership positions in companies across the payments industry, including Tier 1 commercial banks, Fortune 100 technology companies, and as principal of her own consulting firm. (Ron Mazursky now leads the Debit Advisory Service.)
Communications and Segmentation Expert:
• Karen Yetter, Director, Communications and Client Segmentation
Yetter will drive Mercator Advisory Group’s communications efforts with particular emphasis on e-communications and mobile channels. This role encompasses all areas of Mercator Advisory Group, including Membership Services, PaymentsJournal.com, and client support for webinars, teleconferencing, and marketing partnership initiatives. Before joining Mercator Advisory Group, Yetter served as Vice President of Customer Experience for Aberdeen Group, where she oversaw Marketing Operations, Creative Services, Program Management, and Customer Services.
New Corporate 2.0 Website Enabling Interactive Capabilities for Mercator Advisory Group Clients:
• Mercator Advisory Group has a new website, which was developed on a highly advanced content management system.
• Enhanced blogging, event tracking, search, a modern interface, and advanced functionality support greater client engagement.
• Client landing pages present summary views of new Mercator Advisory Group research available on the website. Service pages offer blogs from service directors available only to members of the service.
Mercator Advisory Group’s CMSS (CustomerMonitor Survey Series) Increases Primary Data Offering with Expanded Nationwide Panel:
• Starting this year, our biannual CMSS surveys are being fielded to 3,000 consumer respondents.
• These consumer behavior surveys delving into key issues in the payments industry and providing cross-tabs and analytic reports summarize the major trends to support payments industry strategies that focus on overall customer experience issues and drive for selected behaviors.
• CMSS has increased its partnership engagements with leading industry trade groups to perform joint studies, gather data, and perform analysis on many datasets throughout the payments space.
PaymentsJournal Strengthens Position as the Leading Free Industry Information and News Portal:
• Our platform and information model, based on free uploads of content and sharing of information to drive the best, most senior level traffic, is establishing itself as the dominant news and information portal model in the industry.
• The platform allows a forum for our clients to engage in B2B marketing and drive brand awareness among the key stakeholders in each sector.
• Sponsored Strategy Sessions continue to grow and to provide a thought-leadership based content approach not found in other platforms and push its sponsors to the forefront of topics.
It’s been a very busy year so far for Mercator Advisory Group, and you can expect to see continued evolution and growth in our organization as these foundational changes take effect. We are very confident that our organizational activities this year will add significant new capabilities and value basis to our relationships in the years to come.
On a personal note, the evolution we experienced this year has been a direct reinforcement of our brand promise to our clients and my vision for the company as whole. In this context, I believe that every research or consulting engagement with Mercator Advisory Group should funnel directly into research, information, and resources that are dedicated solely to the payments space. This is our key market differentiator in that our peers in the research community cannot promise nor deliver this to their clients, just as our peers in the consulting community aren’t making investments into research and data. It is the synergy between these activities that underscores our value in the market.
If you are a membership client and have questions, please contact your primary account manager. If you are not a member and would like more information about Mercator Advisory Group, please contact us at 781-419-1700.
As always, if there is anything I can do to help support you or your organization, please feel free to reach out to me directly at rmisasi@mercatoradvisorygroup.
President and CEO
Mercator Advisory Group, Inc.