CustomerMonitor Survey Series
The CustomerMonitor Survey Series (formerly known as Primary Data Series) provides a method for tracking and monitoring critical evolving customer attitudes and behaviors toward payment products and channel usage.
This is critically important as these attitudes and behaviors shift with changing economic times, channel usage (mobile device use, internet use, …) and with shifts in product and service offerings (for example: the use of loyalty programs, prepaid offerings…).
Mercator is able to draw upon our industry expertise, our clients in the field, and our research capabilities to pull together highly topical and relevant questions that impact payments and channel delivery business strategy. It is Mercator Advisory Group’s experience base, the rapid time to market and fielding of the research, the flexibility working with our members to have their public and/or private questions (available for a fee) answered, that differentiates this product from other survey-based products available in the marketplace.
Further, this catalog of primary survey results is offered an exceptional value due to Mercator’s business model that permits access to the full catalog of surveys on for all users throughout the year of service. Mercator has designed this program to be a continuous series of surveys that are fielded to monitor the shifts in behavior.
This service provides:
- Access to the current year’s Insight Summary reports
- Access to the current year’s cross-tab survey results (data sets)
- Full access to the back library of Insight Summary reports
- Full access to the back library or cross-tab survey results
- Companion .ppt presentations
- One Executive Summary Webinar for an Internal Audience to present top-level research findings
- Members are provided with one free custom data query. Thereafter, a fee is applied to custom topical data queries. (For example: a re-cut of the survey results to map to specific demographic data)
This service may be purchased as part of any Mercator Advisory Group membership service offering or on a stand-alone basis.
The CustomerMonitor Data Series is designed for Product Managers, Strategic Planners, Business Development and Marketing Leadership in need of current, grounded data on topics of current interest to the payments and banking industries.
Mercator Advisory Group, using a recognized national research panel firm to execute the data collection, fields online questionnaires with sample sizes that permit examination of critical consumer segments.
In 2010, Mercator is fielding eight topically grouped surveys (see below for coverage themes) at two data collection times during the year (June and September for 2010).
In 2011, Mercator will be moving to a March / September cycle of for data collection and will be continuing to grow and expand our CustomerMonitor Survey Series research (this means at least eight more topically grouped surveys in 2011).
Subscriptions run on a 12-month basis from time of signup and include access to all new research and the full catalog of research.
In 2010, Mercator has and is surveying around the following broad themes (these can be further explored on a questionnaire that will be provided after we have a chance to speak with you directly):
- Credit usages and behaviors
- Debit Cards and online banking/EBP services
- Prepaid Products and Services
- Mobile Payments
- Loyalty / Debit Rewards
- Channels – Attended (Branch, Contact Center)
- Channels – Unattended (Internet, Mobile)
- Customer Segmentation (Unbanked/Underserved, High Income…)
- In 2009, Mercator surveyed around the following topical issues, all of which concern payment products and services:
- Credit card issuer experiences: adverse actions, positive actions, household effects
- Changes in use of tender type
- Expected future behavior regarding credit usage
- Potential loyalty effects of credit programs
- Behavioral segments
- Prepaid product purchase history
- Prepaid Product uses
- Prepaid use for household budgeting
- General Purpose and Private Label reloadable card behavior
- Prepaid product acceptability for gifting
- Rewards and loyalty program participation (10 sponsor types)
- Rewards and loyalty program evaluation of most valuable program participation; cash back, points, merchandize discounts, etc.
- Perception of earn rate for rewards and loyalty programs
- Perceptions of recent reward program changes
- Factors in selecting credit cards and checking account banks (including rewards)
- Experience with card security issues
- Use of contactless devices
- Ownership of mobile devices and payment plans
- Experience with text messaging and text alerts
- Appeal of mobile security and payment concepts
Why Should You Become a Client of this Service?
The CustomerMonitor Survey Series:
- is a unique offering the specific, pragmatic and detailed questions that it tracks and covers which are based on the experience base, client feedback and insights of the Mercator Advisory Group.
- provides significantly greater value than other primary search vehicles due to the blend of customization (ability to add/influence questions and have Mercator re-cut the data) and open electronic access provided to past research all at a low price point (which is made possible through the broad Mercator customer base and the continuous/serial nature of the service).
- has a clear focus on detailed payments and channel-usage based questions that have deep value due to this specialized focus.
- questions on topics not addressed through other survey instruments with full cross tabs delivered in .pdf formats (not print)
- delivers a rapid turnaround series of Insights Summary reports complementing the data sets but laced with analysis and insights drawn from the data that only an industry expert could extract correctly and present in context from the data.
- is the perfect complement to Mercator’s Research and Advisory Service offerings as it gives the experiential data from the end-user’s viewpoint to demonstrate the effectiveness of particular strategies and offerings.
|2012 Primary Data Series|
|2011 Primary Data Series|
|2010 Primary Data Series|
|2009 Primary Consumer Research Series|